The Brickwoods pubs the 'King & Queen' and the 'Ship Anson' are in the centre of this 1928 picture (a photograph of a publicly displayed photograph at the site): there is another Brickwoods pub at the right hand end of the terrace!

These pubs were both still showing Brickwoods signs in the 1970s (as shown on the previous page): however, while the pubs were still there in 1998 they are no longer 'Brickwoods'. And the pub on the right hand side of the terrace, plus the shop and the post office, had been demolished altogether.